Australian Business Contacts

Australian Business And Online Affiliate Contacts

5 Reasons You Need to Meet in Person

My clients are just like yours: They want to Skype, email and text. But here's why you still need face time.

When the daily avalanche of emails and voice messages gets overwhelming, it’s so tempting to retreat to my office and start typing replies and returning phone calls. That’s one of the biggest mistakes I can make.  

No matter what industry we’re in, we’re all in the people business. We’ll only be successful if we really get to know our customers and colleagues. Many of my tech marketing clients are so busy that they now prefer texting to even emails or calls. Skype, WebEx and audio calls are convenient and create the illusion we’re actually having a meeting -- but nothing beats the power of a truly personal, face-to-face connection.

What can you learn from an in-person meeting that you can’t from a virtual one?

Read More

Views: 66

Replies to This Discussion

Can we connect and discuss this

Patrick

Totally agree.  Whatever we do online we have to build in personal contact to achieve a sustainable, growth controlled business. That is what I have tried to achieve with ALGMO.biz where members have a personal introduction, internet information, remote voice confirmation with real time personal sign up and ongoing confirmation.  It is working so we know this is what people want.

I am always looking for forums where I can promote the personal touch so people can judge through knowledge and sincerity of source through body language, content and context. 

The personal touch does not have to be longwinded.  It needs to have the right words, matched with sincere body language.

So many businesses rely on the Flim Flam and glitter to get committment from people.  This certainly achieves high entry but the price is also a high exodus and the problems that go with that.

People who are going to stay loyal, join after they have 'adult to adult' personal contact and no fuss service, their questions are answed on an ongoing, reliable basis and they feel they are a member of a like minded group.

Anything to promote this within this group.  Well done Michael!

RSS

© 2022   Created by Michaelng Clayton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service